This page links to documents (mostly in Adobe PDF format) providing documentation on the archaeology of Pirton. Some documents may be hosted on this site, others may be hosted elsewhere. Some may also be large: the link will tell you the size.
- A report by Keith Fitzpatrick Matthews of North Hertfordshire Museum March 2020
- K J Matthews 1988 Rectory Farm, Pirton.
- D A Went & G R Burleigh 1990 A pre-construction archaeological survey on the route of the Humberside to Buncefield pipeline, Pirton, Hertfordshire. Commissioned by Petrofina (UK) Ltd. February 1990. North Hertfordshire Museums Archaeology Report 3.
- D A Went & G R Burleigh 1990 An archaeological assessment on the route of the Humberside to Buncefield pipeline, Pirton, Hertfordshire. Commissioned by Petrofina (UK) Ltd. September 1990 Archaeology Report 6.
- Excavations at Rectory Farm Download pirton_rectory_farm
- Excavations behind the Fox Download The Fox Public House
Internet links on recent archaeological reports
Historic England’s listing of the Anglo saxon settlement at Priors Hill
Historic England’s listing of Toot Hill and The Bury
St Mary’s Church
Bury Cottage Walnut Tree Rd
Land at 14 Priors Hill
Elmtree Farm Close
Land on LittleLane