The building is grade 2 listed arts and crafts built in 1906/7
1907 The Methodist Chapel stands in High Street next to the school. The foundation stone was laid in October 1906 and this photograph was taken soon after the building was opened on 29th May 1907. Until then weddings, baptisms and funerals had to take place in, and were recorded at, St Mary’s Church, as the previous chapel had not been solemnised. The first people to be married in the chapel were John Goldsmith and Mary Baines; the first child to be baptised in the chapel was Richard George Trussell, son of Albert Edward and Elizabeth, born 5th December 1907 and baptised 8th March 1908.